Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Weekend...

Well, let me back track a little here...Last weekend we were Brady-free. I met my dad in Stuart and Brady spent the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Petersen! I'm not sure who was more excited though! So Friday night, Andy and I decided it would be a great opportunity to have a date night! So, we tried the Tokyo Steakhouse in Ankeny as we both were craving sushi! It did not disappoint, it was really good! We will definitely go back. And to prove just how lame we are these days, we did some shopping afterwards and ran some errands (oh how 'date nights' have changed) and I headed to bed early as I was getting up early to run with Mollie in the morning and Andy had a couple beverages on Bryce and Meggie's new patio (which looks amazing!!). Then on Saturday I had a good (hot) run with Mollie, Andy helped Bryce put together a play set for Luke, I ran to the mall for a bit and before we knew it, it was time to get ready for a wedding we had that afternoon/evening. A friend of Andy's from back home was getting married in downtown DSM and the reception was at the Hotel Savery. Hence, is why we were baby-free...not exactly a perfect setting for a wild and crazy 20 month old. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was gorgeous! Ahhh, I love weddings! After a great night, we headed home and got some shut-eye. Then on Sunday I met my dad in Stuart to pick up Brady in the morning. Then he and I hit up the mall for a few more things, ate some lunch and then headed home. He was wiped out from his fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa and fell asleep within just a couple minutes in the car and slept for over 3 hours when we got home. He got lots of play time at the park in town (dad said around 5 hours on Saturday)...hmmm...I wonder if my dad needed a nap after all the playing too!
For some reason, I didn't take any pics over the weekend! I'll have to do better this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment