Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Frustration........

Well the last few weeks haven't been easy in the Cathcart Household. It all started over a month ago. Brady had a double ear infection. We thought 'Wow, he's gone 15 months and hadn't had a single ear infection and had never been on antibiotics...we've been so lucky'. Well I think it's all catching up to us now. We have been to the Pediatrician's office every Wednesday for over a month! We had to take him back 1 week after his double ear infection appt for his 15 month appt. Then he still wasn't back to normal so we took him back in. Yep, another double ear infection...after another FUSSY week we took him in yet again---the antibiotics weren't working so he got put on stronger meds...well to say the past month has been challenging is an understatement. It has really tested my patience. He has been extremely whiney and fussy (ALL THE TIME) and only wants mommy most of the time. He isn't sleeping or eating well at all. He has also started in with TANTRUMS!!! I feel like we can't take him anywhere anymore. He will go nuts in Target, when we're out to eat, on walks, playing outside...the list goes on and on...and I love the evil stares we get from people when we're out and about...they're thinking 'Get your kid under control...why don't you get him to stop crying/screaming/yelling'...I know this is all a phase (hopefully) and that most everyone goes through it in their parenting life but it doesn't make it any easier. I feel horribly guilty as a parent (and I know Andy does to) when I start to think 'Okay, how long before he goes to bed?'. And for the first time ever I am relieved that he is going to Nana and Papa's for the weekend. We need a BREAK before I reach my BREAKING POINT! What also gets to me is that I get my daily report from my daycare lady and it's the same every day: Brady was wonderful for her, didn't act up...ate well, slept well...GRRRR! And it's usually the same for the grandparents (unless they're not telling us the truth!!). Now, I am thankful that he acts better for other people. We don't want to have THAT kid that no one wants to watch or spend time with because they're so difficult but mommy and daddy would like our fun/happy/loving/non-tantrum throwing little boy back!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I hope you get through this stage sooner than later! Is your Ped considering tubes? They were a life-saver for us with both boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all go through those stages. you are doing just great and this too will pass!

    ReplyDelete