Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a wonderful weekend! On Friday Kris and Steve came down and got Brady and had him all weekend. So Andy and I had a much needed break and were able to get SO much stuff done!!! On Friday night we got started on a lingering house project---painting our trim. When we finished our basement we put white trim in and I loved it and was wishing we had white trim throughout our house. For some reason, our house had white doors and light oak trim...I never understood that! I really thought it was not going to be a possibility to change our trim and then Andy decided he'd try to do it in our downstairs bathroom and it turned out great! So way back in October he surprised me when I was gone running the marathon and he did the whole firs level! Well it's been tough to get the upstairs done with a rowdy 16 month old around so we took advantage of a 'baby free' weekend and got the majority of the upstairs done.
Now I didn't want to spend ALL weekend just painting so we set a goal of completing Brady's room, the guest bathroom, the hallway (including all doorways and linen closet), the trim going up the stairs and the master bathroom. We got that all done! Now we just have the guest room and the master bedroom!
After a day of painting we got cleaned up, did some shopping and went out for dinner. It was great to spend so much time just the two of us.
On Sunday we got up and ran a few more errands and then headed up to Gowrie to pick Brady up. He had a great time with Nana and Papa over the weekend and I'm told he was pretty good. It was great to see him, I missed him a lot! So far we are having a much better week than last week! I have to remind myself how truly lucky we are to have such an amazing little boy in our lives. Sometimes it can be easy to forget!

Here are some fun and random pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment