Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

So I know I am totally late on my post but we've had a few rough days in this Cathcart household. But I will back up and give a re-cap of our weekend first!

On Friday the Furhmans, Dillingers, Cathcarts and Waters all met at Jon and Jen's house so the men could tell us our Mother's Day Surprise! The guys even took care of making appetizers for the get-together. Each of our husbands gave us a nice card and inside the card was a nicely typed out agenda for our weekend. The 4 girls (Jenn, Ashley, Meggie and myself) are going up to Minneapolis on the weekend of May 21st. The guys reserved a two bedroom suite at Embassy Suites, scheduled spa services for Saturday morning and made reservations at a very nice restaurant Fogo De Chao and we'll get to do some great shopping! It sounds like a wonderful girls weekend! Thanks honey!

On Saturday we headed back to Kimballton for my cousin Carson's graduation party. He had a nice turnout and of course my aunt Jana did an awesome job. The food was yummy! Brady had so much fun running around on their acreage. He was pretty wiped out by the end of the night.

On Sunday we had breakfast with my parents and then headed to West Des Moines for our nephew Holden's baptism. Andy and I are two of his sponsors and we were honored to be a part of his day. Church is always interesting with Brady. He WILL NOT sit still. He wants to run around and he will throw a fit if he has to be still. So Andy and I took turns taking him back behind and letting him run around. Not ideal but it kept him happy for the most part. After church and the baptism service we headed to Brad and Steph's for some burgers and chicken. Brad did a great job on the grill and we wish we could have stayed longer but Brady was in desperate need of a nap. He usually goes down around 12:30 and by this time it was 2:00 and he was on edge! When we got home, I just relaxed a little and we did a few things to get ready for the garage sale this weekend. I had noticed in church that Brady felt a little warm but thought maybe it was due to him running around. Well when he got up from his nap he had a 102 fever...over the course of the afternoon/night his fever would come down to 100 and then go right back up to 102. After a VERY long night(with him waking up every 1/2 hour), I decided to stay home with him and take him in to the pediatrician. Well of course he has a double ear infection again and a couple more teeth coming through. We spent the day together which was great, I just wish he would have felt better!

Now we are up to Wednesday and last night was a LONG night too...he was screaming in his crib around 1:00 a.m. so I rocked him a little and every time I'd move he would scream. He must have thought I was going to set him down...so needless to say, very little sleep was had by anyone. We'll see how today goes!

Sorry, no pics from the weekend but I'll take some this week to post!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment