Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tivoli Fest 2010

Memorial Day weekend meant it was Tivoli Time! So we headed back to the Danish Villages on Saturday morning. I had to get in a long run with Mollie before we left in preparation for Dam to Dam this coming weekend. We managed to get in a good 11 miler! I don't know what I'd do without her to run with me! I've just been a little less motivated than usual so it's helpful to have someone expecting you to be somewhere and we push each other!
We made it back in time for the parade and Brady LOVED it! He got the hang of picking up the candy that was thrown...of course he wanted to run out into the middle of the parade but we corralled him pretty well. We walked around and had some lunch and then we took him back to my parents as it was nap time. While he was napping (Grandma was home with him), Andy and I headed out for the annual Beer-in-Hand Wiffle Ball games. We go out to a friends' farm and play. It's lots of fun and the weather was great this year! After having a good time out there, it was time to get some dinner, clean up and head up to the band and beer tent up town. Grandpa Tony stayed home with Brady as he was tired from an all-day baseball tournament. His Spartan baseball team won the tournament! They are undefeated so far this season, we'll have to catch a couple games especially since I have multiple cousins on the team! We had a great time catching up with people I hadn't seen in years!
On Sunday we got up, had breakfast, played outside, ate dinner, Brady napped and then it was time to head home. It was a very busy couple of days so Sunday night was early bed night!
Unfortunately my pics from the parade didn't turn out...but here are a couple from the weekend!



A little Beer-in-Hand action

Grandpa starting on Brady early...

He's getting the hang of it! Maybe he'll be a baseball player

Going for a walk on Grandpa's shoulders

No comments:

Post a Comment