Friday, July 29, 2011

Update

I thought today would be a great day to do a little update on what's going on with us.

Andy
Andy pretty much loves the summer weather. He is like a lizzard and prefers to be outside even when it's miserable out. He even runs outside over his lunch hour (yuk!). He works out at Gym FX downtown which has really worked for him since it's close to work. He can workout over his lunch as before work and after work doesn't work for our schedule. He takes Brady to daycare every day...for multiple reasons. I work earlier and Brady has a meltdown when I drop him off. Andy has been busy doing projects around the house. So far this summer he has put up Brady's swingset, done lots of landscaping outside, put up a new ceiling fan, painted our master bathroom vanity and his next project is a deck expansion...more on that later!

Mindy
I have still been doing Farrells. I usually go before work (5:15 class but this morning I did the 4:20 a.m. class...a little too early for me!) and I still love the kickboxing days...I'm finally getting back to going on the resistance days. I really love my job! Grand View is an awesome place to work. I get a good mix of both adults and students. It's like a little family here and I love it, plus I love the flexibility I have. I have really gotten into baking (even more than before). I have a soft spot for cupcakes and have made lots of them lately. I bought some equipment for decorating and have lots of new recipes I want to try. I'm also going to go to a cake decorating class to learn a few new things. I'm exited about that. Is it a contradiction to work in the fitness world and bake cupcakes? Ha ha! I also have a new venture that I'll post more on later!

Brady
Brady loves being outside just as much (if not more) than his daddy. He would be out there all night if we let him. He is really talking more and more and we're actually able to understand him. He is counting to 15 and is infatuated with colors right now. He points and says the color of everything. Just this morning I was dressing him and he said 'No Ma, Purple shirt' and went over to his closet and wanted his purple UNI shirt...of course this made Andy's day! He is loving cars right now and has a few favorite Matchbox cars (his favorite is his Cadillac...although he says it more like 'Cad.e.yak'), he loves the 'Cars' movie and refers to pretty much all cars as 'Police cars' still. He still loves playing ball of any kind. He can kick for hours. He is loving sweet corn and strawberries. He is just growing so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment