Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Brady Update

I really want to remember everything about this fun age with Brady. He says and does the funniest things! There are so many times I catch myself and wonder 'Did he really say that'? Because a) it's either hilarious or b)there's no way he can be old enough to know these things!
Right now his favorite toys are trains and his basketball hoop (we got him a NERF over-the-door hoop to go along with his standing hoop). He likes the challenge of it being up higher and when he misses, he'll say 'Oh, man, I missed but I keep trying'. He is still infatuated with both Chuggington and Thomas trains. He takes trains out to daycare every day and when I pick him up he always says he wants to play with his trains. He has so many trains from both shows but he definitely knows if he doesn't have one...he'll say 'I'll ask my Santa for Harrison, Mommy'. He is still fixated on Santa and if he sees a toy he wants he'll say that he'll have to ask 'HIS' Santa. Too funny!
His favorite color now is orange...which has changed from purple and green. He could still drink a gallon of milk each day if we let him (but we also don't allow juice or any other sugary drink). He isn't much of a meal eater, he's much more of a snacker. He is doing really well with potty training. One day he just said 'Mommy, I go to the bathroom' and that was it..he's been going many times during the day since. He doesn't like to go #2 on the potty yet but he'll get there.
He is also pretty enamoured with my growing belly. He's said many times, 'Mommy, you're belly is getting BIG' (with a look of shock on his face). But he really isn't showing much interest in the baby for the most part. His world is about to turn upside down and I'm preparing myself for the worst when it comes to his reaction to the baby. He LOVES the 2 babies out at daycare and will play with them and give them kisses but with him being such a mommy's boy, it could be a tough transition for him to have to share with the baby for my attention. Andy and I will be prepared and will do as much stuff one-on-one with him as we can to help him adjust.
Brady, you are such a fun-loving, caring little boy and although 3 can be tough sometimes, it is also so much fun! I love your little personality and can't wait to see what the next chapter of your life will be like!
We love you so much!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that potty training is going well!! Great job Brady! Miss you guys hopefully we can all get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete