Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great Labor Day Weekend!  I got up super early on Saturday to do a 10-mile run for my half marathon training.  Luckily my foot seems to be handling the running just fine so I may just be in the clear for the half!  Woo Hoo!  Then we drove back to Kimballton, dropped the boys off at my parents and then headed up to Elk Horn to the new Brewery for my 15 year class reunion.  Well...out of 27 in  my graduating class, only 5 were able to be there...major bummer.  But the 5 of us had a great time talking, eating yummy pizza and gelato, drinking some great small town brewery beers and laughing, laughing, laughing.  It was a great time!  We went back to my parents for a little bit then it was time to head to Audubon for my great aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  It was great to see some family!  Then on Sunday we had our annual Petersen family fish fry.  It was so yummy and we were able to see some more family!  Then we headed back home and have been busy doing things around the house.  3 day weekends are great!  We hope you all had a great Labor Day as well!

 The mighty 5 that made it...Jason, Melissa, Me, Nick and Alexa
 Chris and Mason at the fish fry
 Brady and Taryn on the teeder-todder
 All that playing sure does make them thirsty!
Thomas wanted to get in on the picture action!

No comments:

Post a Comment