Thursday, September 27, 2012

Omaha Half Marathon!

On Saturday the Waters, Bryce, Andy and myself headed from Des Moines to Omaha so that Jon, Bryce and myself could run the Omaha Half Marathon.  When we got to O-town, we got our race packets, checked in the the hotel and then hit up one of my favorite places in Omaha, Upstream Brewery.  We had some appetizers, a drink and then eventually our dinner.  My great friend Sunita was able to meet us for dinner so that was awesome!  After dinner we walked around the Old Market for a bit then headed back to the hotel for some down time and to rest up for the big day!  On Sunday we were up and at 'em early for our 7 AM start time.  It was a COLD one!  But I'd rather run in cold than hot conditions.  Before we knew it the race was starting and off we were.  The course was a lot more hilly than I was anticipating but I thougth it was a good course.  My goal was to finish around the 2 hour mark and luckily I did finish in 1:54.11, so with missing 5 weeks of training, it ended up not being too bad.  After the race we showered up, grabbed some lunch at Michaels and my other O-town bestie Abby was able to meet us...Michaels is her grandpa's restaurant and it brought back so many memories because her dad owns the Michaels Cantina in Norfolk, NE where Abs and I waited tables (and she bar-tended) while we were in college in Wayne.  The food was as good as I remember!  Yummo!  After lunch we headed back East...we met my mom at the Elk Horn exit, picked up the boys and headed back to Ankeny.  All in all, it was a great trip!!



 Getting ready for the race to start...a little 'before' picture
 What I loved about this race...the Marines present.  At the end of the race, we got our medals placed around our neck by Marines...so cool!
 Just about done!  Woo Hoo!
the 'After' picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment