Friday, February 13, 2009

2 Month Well Baby Check-up

Well yesterday Brady and I went to the Pediatrician for his 2-month Well Baby check up. I was fearing this check up as he had to have 3 shots. Well we knew he was a chunky monkey but I wasn't sure how much he weighed...well he is up to 15.3 lbs!!! Which is the 95th percentile! ha ha! He is 23 1/2 inches long (75th percentile). Our pediatrician said that it's normal for a growth spurt from 2 weeks to 2 months and that he'll probably slow down now for a while.
The worst part of course was the shots...the needles are sooo long and he was in such a good mood, laughing and smiling and then they stuck him in his leg and he just started screaming. I think I might have been even more traumatized than he was. 3 shots later and I was holding him and trying to calm him down. Last night was a little rough with him waking up frequently but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He is doing a little better today but really wants to be held. Poor baby!!!

Well this is my last day of maternity leave. I start back to work on Monday. I will really miss my days with Brady but I'm ready to go back to work. We hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw pictures of your boy on Brad's website. He sure is getting big. Glad to see you're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete