Saturday, July 7, 2012

Update Time!

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged. We've been one busy family. I'll try to get up to speed...this will probaby be lenghty...just a warning!

Last week I went back to work. It was bittersweet. I loved my time at home with Mason but I also love my job and was ready to get back into the routine and have some adult conversation throughout the day (and it helps that my Grand View family really welcomed me back with a funny poster and many visits!). I could never be a stay-at-home mom. I think moms that can are amazing...I just couldn't do it. I love my boys to pieces but I'm a much better mommy when I'm working. It's just what works for me and my family. I get weird looks from people when I tell them that I could never stay home...but that's my choice and I don't judge those that stay home. I don't think I'm less of a mommy because I work away from the home. I would probably have a different view if I didn't love my job and what I do. I'll be the first to admit--I don't posess the patience to stay home nor the creativity to keep my boys engaged and entertained all day, every day. Brady thrives at daycare and I'm hoping Mason will be the same way. I think what was the hardest for me was the realization that it was the last time I'll ever be on maternity leave. Not that I want another baby, (we opted for the buy 1 surgery, (c-section), get one free deal (tubes tied)...but it's the finality of it...the fact that this is the last time. But our family is complete and in my honest opinion--newborns are a ton of work and it's not all that fun the first couple of months.

I started back doing Farrells after 6 weeks of recovery. I will say the 2nd c-section has had a much longer recovery time and has been SO much harder to bounce back from (yet another reason we are done with babies). I also started back running (slowly but running none the less). I signed up for the Omaha half marathon that I'm running with some friends in September and am hoping I do well (or at this point, just finish!). I'm working to get the baby weight off (and then some) so I've made some drastic changes to my workouts and diet. Andy is on board which makes it so much easier! I will start teaching my group fitness classes at Grand View this week so that will give me a little boost in my workouts as well! I'll be tracking my progress on here to also help keep me accountable. When you're in the Wellness/Fitness field, you're under a bit of a microscope and people expect you to leave the hospital in your pre-pregnancy jeans--not this mama! :-)

Andy has been keeping busy...he's been working out, even running in this nasty heat and he is doing the Warrior Dash next weekend...it's a Boot Camp style run in Earlham. It's very challenging but he's up to the task and I know he'll do great! He's been such a good daddy and is so helpful! I couldn't ask for a better hubby or daddy! I'm one lucky girl!

Brady has been one busy boy...he is non-stop go and ALL BOY! He makes us laugh every day with the funny things he says. He loves playing in his pool and going down his slide. He has Vacation Bible School coming up soon and he's pretty excited for it! He is also very excited for Mason to be starting daycare on Monday! He also starts 3 year old preschool in August and I can't believe that!! CRAZY!! Whenever we pass his school, he tell us 'That's my school mommy and daddy'! I hope he keeps that excitement!


On the homefront, we've made some changes to our basement. We painted the walls a soft, smokey gray and purchased a charcoal sectional that I've wanted for quite a while...and I love it--it seats 7-8 people! So now we're just doing some decorating and will post some pics when we're all done..loving how it's looking so far!

Well that's somewhat of a catch-up...Andy is out at an Iowa Cubs game and Guys Night Out to celebrate my brother Chris's birthday...so gotta go tend to the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment