Friday, December 12, 2008

First few days at home!

Well we have been home with Brady for 3 days now and even though we are tired, etc we have loved every minute of it! On Wednesday my aunt Lisa stopped by to see us and it was great she was able to come! I was able to ask lots of questions and get info as she is an OB nurse! Our 2nd night with Brady went really well--he only woke up twice and when he did, he ate and went back to sleep! I'm telling myself not to get used to that!
Yesterday (Thursday) Grandma Kris came down for the day--and boy did we appreciate it! We had Brady's 1st weigh-in/check up at the pediatrician's office. He is doing great so far! His weight is at 8 lbs 1 ounce, so 1 pound less than when he was born and they were really happy with that. His jaundice level is really low and we don't need to be concerned with that anymore either. After the appointment, I wasn't feeling so good--my headaches have been extremely painful and then my incision is a little sore. So Kris and I grabbed some lunch (Andy had a dentist's appointment in West DSM) and I was able to come home and take a nap! It was great! While Andy was running errands, Kris and I went through some baby clothes that my generous neighbor Jen lent to us! There are so many cute things and Andy and I are SO appreciative to the Waters for bringing those over! Kris also made us a wonderful roast with all the fixins--I never knew how great it is for people to make food for you--needless to say, I haven't been cooking and neither has Andy.
So all in all, we've had a great few days at home. We are enjoying our time with Brady. We will be having some visitors over the weekend and I'm really excited for them to meet Brady. Andy is going back to work on Monday but luckily my mom will be coming to stay for the week! We're excited to have another helping hand at the house!!


Aunt Lisa


Lounging in his Pack 'n Play


Grandma Kris


All bundled up for his 1st trip to the Pediatrician...the hat is just a little too big!!


Brady HAS to be swaddled pretty much at all times...









1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad that he has to be swaddled all the time, the boys still at 4.5 months STILL love to be swaddled at night!!!

    ReplyDelete