Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a busy but nice Labor Day Weekend. On Friday, Brady and I headed back to Elk Horn to see my parents (and so I could get my hair done) while Andy headed to Iowa City with his friend Jon to get all geared up for the Iowa vs. UNI game. Then on Saturday I did my 20 mile run (gotta love all the hills back home!) and Andy did some tailgating and went to the close game. Brady and I went down to the Kimballton ball field to catch his uncles playing some slow pitch softball, which is always entertaining! Then later in the afternoon Brady and I headed back to Ankeny and Andy got home around 7:00. We were all pretty tired from the long day and went to bed pretty early. Then on Sunday we did some things around the house, went for a walk and then we had Brady's 9 month pictures (and also did some family pics as well). He was all smiles and the session went really quickly since he did soooo good! After pictures we headed over to the Dillinger's for their patio party. They put in a really nice brick patio off their deck complete with a fire pit. It turned out so nice and it's the perfect spot for a great evening fire! Andy stayed a little longer as I had to get Brady to bed. He is cutting yet another tooth and was being a little fussy. Then on Monday we just laid low most of the day. Andy met his dad to go fishing and they did catch quite a few but I don't think they kept any. Today it's back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment