Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun Weekend!

We've had a very fun weekend with one big first...our first night without Brady. More on that later, but first on Friday we headed over to the Leslie's to see their new addition Gavin. He is such a cutie and his big sister Taylor gets cuter by the day too! Gavin is already over 6 weeks old but we have been plagued with colds and flu so weren't able to see him until this weekend. We had some pizza and got to catch up with them. Then on Saturday I ran my first post-baby race. I did the Drake Relays 8K and I was pretty happy with how the race went and my time. After the race we had to run Brady up to Gowrie so he could spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa Cathcart while Andy and I went to the Barnstormers arena football game with our good friends. It was hard to leave him but we did have a great time with Jon, Jen, Bryce and Meggie. The night was full of laughs and Andy and I got a wonderful night's sleep. I just wish I could say the same for Grandma Cathcart. :-) So today we met Steve and Kris in Ames at Hickory Park for lunch to pick up Brady. It was so good to see him, we really missed him but were glad that we were able to have a night out!


Meggie, Me and Jen (Jon and Andy in the background)


Gavin and Brady hanging out

No comments:

Post a Comment